Everest Base Camp Trek in April
13 Jan 2020 Magic Himalaya Treks
Everest base camp Trek in April is one of the best opportunities to capture the trail of the Everest region. In April there will be smell from different flowers on the trekking trail. The smell of Rhododendrons flower is one of the main attractions for people. People can see different kinds of rhododendrons on this Everest trekking trails. White Rhododendrons, Red rhododendrons, and light red rhododendrons can be observed. Red Rhododendrons are available to see in many numbers. It is only available from Lukla the starting point to Deubecha or just before Pangbochea. The vegetation after Pangbochea is not possible. There are only bushes on the trail.
Everest base camp is not a fixed place so it moves here and there all the time. In April we can easily identify the base camp and can see glaciers and small lakes on the base camp. In April also the weather seems very stunning and clear. For visiting the Everest base camp trek we don’t have to worry about the view. The viewpoint like Everest’s viewpoint and Kalapather viewpoint provides the stunning views of the Himalayas ranges. The Everest viewpoint has the view of Mount Thamserku, Mt Amadablam, Khangteka, Kongda Ranges, Taubecha peak, Lhotse Shar, Lhotse mountain as well as the ranges from Nuptse sides.
Kalapather and Its View
The Kalapather viewpoint is considered as the best viewpoint for the Everest in whole worlds. We can see Mount Pumori, Mount Everest, Nuptse, Amadablam, Thamserku, Laubecha Himalayan ranges, Choletse, Taubecha, Lingtren, Khumbutse, Arakam Tse, Chumbu and many Himalayas ranges. Besides this, we can see a few mountains on the Tibet side. The view of Everest base camp also one of the major highlights of Kalapather’s viewpoint.
In April the base camp can be seen of different multi-colors. The different colors of tent and people on base camp make the base camp one of the busiest places on earth too. Thousands of climbers around the world gather here and prepared themselves for getting the victory on Mount Everest.
Advantages of Everest base camp trek in April:
- The base camp is full of people so you can visit some people who belong to your nations and are getting ready for Everest expeditions.
- If you got any problems such as high altitude sickness and other accidents you will have doctors on the base camp where you can do the treatment.
- The Rhododendron forest and greenery make you motivated.
- In this time if you like to sleep a night in a base camp then don’t have to carry camping tents and foods.
- If you are interested you can look at people doing some training.
- If you like to go toilets you can ask or request.
Disadvantages of Everest base camp Trek in April:
- The trail is busy and noises from the trekkers and climbers.
- The base camp is full of people so if you prefer silence this may not be a suitable time for you to do Everest base camp trek.
- The guest houses are full of people so I need to book everything earlier.
- The guest house is full of people and needs to stay online for food, water or any kind of facility from the hotel.
- Lots of yaks and porters go to base camp carrying climbing stuff so need to stay away from those yaks because the trail is narrow and they may push you.
Everest base camp Trek in April Review:
Hay Namaste! I am James from the UK. I visited the Everest base camp trek in 2012. It is a wonderful Trek and thanks Nabin for advising us to do the trek in the spring season. I have my holidays in April so I landed at Kathmandu airport on 10 April 2012. The welcome from the magic Himalaya trekking team is awesome. We had the culture dinner in the evening which is outstanding to know different cultures of Nepal. While on trek we got to know different things about Nepal from our guides. We meet different people coming for Everest expeditions. We had a wonderful chat with those people. They seem on tension and some on deep concentrations.
While we reach Gorakshep and Laubecha it seems the town is over the capacity. Thanks to our guide and magic Himalaya team for making our booking and making sure we have our accommodations. About the food, we have to give orders earlier and they provide on time. Sometimes 20 minutes later or earlier that’s normal here. While we reach the base camp we had seen lots of tents and people. We had some awesome pictures on tents and base camp. We also visited the doctors and check our conditions if all are OK. The next morning we have clear weather and its awesome view. We can able to see base camp from Kalapether top Which is awesome. I recommended doing Everest base camp in April. I like it so much. You can try this experience!