Rara Lake Trek
Min. 2 PAX
Full board during the trek
You may also like
- Explore the natural beauty and serenity of Rara Lake
- Enjoy a great scenic flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and vice-versa
- Explore the diversity of Rara National Park
- Visit Sinja valley, an old historical place of Nepal
- Walkthrough beautiful pine, and rhododendron forests
- Enjoy the beautiful landscape and view of Dolpo and API Shripal
- Experience culture and lifestyle of Jumla district
Rara Lake Trek is one of the most beautiful treks in Nepal. Every year, thousands of visitors come to visit the largest Rara lake from all over the world. Rara Lake is in an elevation of 2,990 meters with an area of 10.8 km square. This place is beautifully surrounded by green hills and Rara National Park that makes it a good trekking destination. The famous Rara Lake is inside the Rara National Park. It is spread over an area of 106 sq kilometers, not far off from Kathmandu.
The National park lies in Mugu, which is a mountainous district in the western part of Nepal. A trek to this natural wonder will take 15 days, from Kathmandu, and on your journey, you will witness some picturesque views and many species of flora and fauna. The trek starts from a capital city and takes you to the remote area of Jumla. You will then pass through some beautiful village of Gorusingha, Sija, Jaljala. The trek ends at the relaxing heaven that is Rara Lake. Besides, in Rara National Park you can observe diverse wildlife and several blue pines, oak, black juniper, cypress and rhododendron forests. You can see Himalayan Black Bear, Ghoral, Thar, Musk Deer, Leopards, and Red Panda.
The route to Rara Lake Trek is less crowded and very much off the beaten trail. Therefore, this is a great option for those seeking isolation and communion with nature. You will experience very different and unique cultures and panorama throughout the journey. In winter there is often snow on the ridges surrounding the Lake that gives the lake a heavenly look.
Why trek to Rara Lake?
1. If you are wondering why you should embark on this journey to Rara Lake, we have some great reasons
2. Take a break from city life and get in touch with nature
3. This opportunity does not often come where you can see and feel the lesser-explored side of Nepal
4. Camp and look at the clear night sky filled with stars
5. See closely various species of animals and plants
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Half day sightseeing of Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj.
Day 04: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla.
Day 05: Trek from Jumla to Chere Chaur.
Day 06: Chere Chaur to Chalachaur.
Day 07: Chalachaur to Sinja Valley.
Day 08: Sinja to Ghorosingha.
Day 09: Ghorosingha to Rara Lake.
Day 10: Explore Rara Lake.
Day 11: Rara Lake to Pina.
Day 12: Pina to Bumra.
Day 13: Trek ends: Bumra to Jumla.
Day 14: Fly to Nepalgunj – Nepalgunj – Kathmandu.
Day 15: Final departure.
- Transportation to and from airport and hotel transfer as per the itinerary.
- Permits for the National park trekking and any other essential entry fees.
- 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Kathmandu city (bed and breakfast inclusive).
- Domestic flight tickets as per the itinerary.
- An experienced license holder trekking guide.
- Porters to carry your luggage, foods and camping equipment.
- Trekking and camping equipment.
- Meals, tea and coffee during the trekking days.
- Accommodation during the trek.
- A complete medical kit box.
- Farewell program in a typical Nepali local restaurant.
What's not included?
- International flight ticket, airport tax, and entry visa
- Travel insurance
- Trekking Equipment
- Riding horse along the trek
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses such as liquor, laundry room service, and others
- Tips to Guide, Porter, and Driver
- Any cost that occurs from an unfavorable condition such as flight cancellation, landslide, bad weather, etc.
Private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with us via bellow contact us form.
Nepal is open for all kinds of trekking and hiking adventures so you can now visit Nepal. There are curtains rules you need to follow if you want to Visit Nepal. First things is you need to have a latest PCR report to get visa and visa need to be do online before you come. You also need to have a Corona insurance that covers at least US$5,000. Trekking guide and porter also need to have corona insurance that covers at least US$1000. We need to know you flights tickets details so that we can inform immigration's about your arrivals. Passport copies and pictures also need for doing paperwork's, TIMs and permits which we need to make before you come and send back to you which you need to show on different place.
After you arrival in Kathmandu, we will Pick you and Transfer to hotel where you will stay 8 days Quarantine and again check PCR test. The Negative Results will let you to do trekking and hiking. If you got Positive test you will have to stay quarantine or hospital depends on your conditions.
Magic Himalaya Treks will assist you for arranging all required paper works.
Best Time for Rara Lake Trekking
September-October (Spring) and March-May (Autumn) are the best time for Rara Lake Trek. During this time the weather is pleasant and the splendid views of the Himalayas reflect on the lake. The area is covered by blooming colorful Rhododendrons in spring which adds incomparable beauty around the lake.
Travel Insurance is required upon joining any of the Magic Himalayas Trek’s trips that all clients be insured for complete expenses that might incur due to medical issues or accidents that should cover air ambulance, helicopter rescue and treatment costs. You will have to purchase travel insurance in your own country before you travel to Nepal. Please note that our company d not arrange or sell insurance.
Answer: The trek would cost you anywhere between INR 1,20,000 to INR 1,70,000 depending on the quality of your guide and the level of comfort you are looking for.
Answer: Rara Lake Trek is quite easy and the trekking route can be covered by beginner and intermediate level trekkers easily.
Answer: September-October (Spring) and March-May (Autumn) is the best time for Rara Lake Trek. During this time, the weather is pleasant and the splendid views of the Himalayas reflect on the lake. The area is covered by blooming colorful Rhododendrons in spring which add incomparable beauty around the lake.
Answer: The lake is at an altitude level of 5,351 meters.
Answer: Yes, you can. We try to be flexible with the trips for our client’s convenience.
Answer: You can either travel by bus from Kathmandu to Rara Lake, or you can take a flight to Jumla, from where you can commence the trek.
Answer: Trekking to the Rara Lake requires a number of essential pieces of trekking gear. We can send you the list of gear that is needed for this trek separately. The gear which you need can be rented or bought in Kathmandu. However, we strongly suggest that you bring the most important pieces of gear with you.
Answer: Most of the country gets a visit visa/tourist visa on arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport. Tourist visa with multiple entries for 15 days’ costs US $25. Similarly, the visa cost of 30 and 90 days for multiple entries cost the US $40 and the US $100 respectively. The Nepali visa is also possible to obtain online.
Answer: Rara Lake trek goes to some high altitude points of 5,351 meters. There is a risk of getting altitude sickness above 3000 m elevations and you will be walking and sleeping many days above 3000 meters. But it also differs according to people since some people react in different ways on different elevations. However, due to the trek’s length, there will be enough opportunities for appropriate acclimatization, and hence the occurrence of moderate or severe altitude sickness is low. But, we highly suggest learning and knowing about altitude sickness and their symptoms which you can learn in Kathmandu or on online about it.