13 Jan 2020 Magic Himalaya Treks
The Everest base camp trek in October is a good time for trekking in Nepal. October is in the middle of the autumn season and monsoon season is already passed away. The temperature in both daytime and nighttime is moderate and offer clean and best weather in all part of Nepal’s Himalayas as well as plain lands. Clean weather and perfect climatic conditions make the Everest base camp trek in October perfect. All the giant snowed capped mountains, high hills, natural forests, Birds and Sherpa community welcomes you to the Everest region.
Many Tourists who visit Nepal have their main destination as an Everest base camp trek. Many peoples dream of visiting the base camp and living a dream by reaching for it. The hike is a lifetime experience and adventure for anyone. The venture to Nepal and base camp raise high after the very first expeditions of Everest.
Highlights of Everest base camp trek In October
- The sightseeing tour in Kathmandu is wonderful to see Nepal and its culture, traditions, history, etc.
- Visiting the footsteps of the world’s highest mountains trail led by Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary many years ago.
- A remarkable view of Everest Himalayan ranges including the giant’s mountain Peak 15 (Everest).
- Thrilling and exciting flights to Lukla with wonderful Himalayas peak on the left hand.
- Touching the Buddhist cultures and Monasteries situated in Pangbochea, Tengboche, and Namchebazar.
- Participating as well as celebrating many Festivals in Nepal.
- Opportunities for finding out why Sagarmatha Conservation Area gets listed on UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
There is always a question from the world about the Everest base camp trek and expeditions. Some want to know when to climb Everest whereas some ask for the best trekking time. There is always the question Why Everest base camp trek in October? Here we are going to explain about the Everest base camp in October.
Why Everest base camp In October?
Vegetation: During the October season there is no snow which means there will be the best chances of having lots of vegetation. Rhododendrons and oak forests are in massive numbers in the lower areas. The flowers of Rhododendrons provide a wonderful smell to many trekkers. The flowers are the reason for many smiles on faces. Millet and paddy are produced by farmers in the lower parts of the region.
Moderate and suitable climates: For doing the trek in a wonderful way the climate always plays a vital role. During October the climates are perfect for doing treks and keeping you happy.
Extraordinary Himalayan view: The trail passes through beautiful viewpoints and villages. The Himalayan such as Everest, Lhotse, Pumori, Amadablam, and Thamserku are very close that mesmerize travelers. There is no drop of clouds to affect this extraordinary view of the Himalayan ranges.
Festivals: There are different festivals and this is the season of festivals. The main festivals fall on these months so you will have a chance to participate in those festivals and experience festivals in Nepal. During these months Dashain the biggest and Tihar the second biggest festival celebrated.
Happy clients and happy Trails: The weather is perfect and the trails are nice which makes every trekker happy and brings joy to trails. During the trek, while passing people they exchange greetings such as Hellow, Hi, Hay, Namaste, Tashi Delek, etc. to have happy clients and happy trails the October months play a vital role.
Difficulties for Everest base camp trek in October
- The trekkers are in many numbers So, there will be difficulties in finding the right accommodations and guest houses as well as lunch stops.
- The altitude makes you problems and brings lots of bad times during the trek. The final point is 5545 meters high So, be prepared for that. Do acclimatization while on rest days.
- The trail itself is hard because of narrow and has lots of animals and people passing. some times you may get pushed by animals so stay off the wall side while passing yaks and donkeys.
Some Tips to trekking In October
- During October need to Book tea houses earlier because many numbers of people visit the same destinations you visit. If you are traveling by a company they will take care of this. But if trekking alone asks guest house and lodges to book for you if possible. You can start early so that you make destinations before others make.
- Having a proper guide will make the trek easy and memorable. All the tensions and difficulties will be handled by a guide so that you will have plenty of time to enjoy the trek.
- During the trek Start early to get to the destinations so that you will have plenty of time to see villages and meet locals.
Some Alternatives routes to the Everest base camp trek in October
Everest base camp trek is one of the best trekking adventures in Nepal reaching the base camp of Mount Everest. The base camp is set on the Khumbu glacier near Khumbu icefall at an elevation of 5363 meters. The best view of the Everest base camp trek is the Everest viewpoint and Kalapather viewpoint. Mount Everest can be in front of your eye in a giant shape size. It takes 16 days for the trek.
Land helicopter elevations of 5363 meters and observing icefall near Khumbu glaciers and villages on trek routes are the best things on this trek. The main aim of the trek is not to walk down the same way after the Everest base camp trek. It takes 11 days for the trek.
Crossing the Three passes including Chola Pass, Renjo La Pass, and Kongma La Pass is the highlight that is different from the Everest base camp trek. Kalapather is the prime elevation as the base camp is the major destination of this trek. It takes 20 days for the trek.
Gokyo is a wonderful valley with lots of lakes and rivers. The Gokyo Valley and Chola pass are the additional things that are different on the Everest base camp trek. This is a wonderful journey for 2 days in Gokyo Valley as well as Khumbu Valley. Gokyo RI, as well as a view of Gokyo, are prime important things on this trail. We will reach elevations of 5545 meters.
Island peak climbing is one of the major highlights of this trek. The trek also includes the base camp as well as Kalapather’s viewpoint. The height of the island peak is 6189 meters and to have a successful trip needs to reach that elevation.
This trail is the same route that was started by Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay for their Everest expeditions. The trail’s highest point is 5545 meters. It passes through the Lamjura which is one of the prime and difficult parts of this trek. This trek offers beautiful as well as local untouched villages. The main aim of the trek is to reach base camp as well as Kalapather’s viewpoint.