Equipment’s Required for Nepal Trek
Certain Basic Trekking equipments required for Nepal trek is essential on all routes. Magic Himalaya Treks is going to describe it here depending on the area and season. Magic Himalaya trek will provide you with a comprehensive list of Necessities. Many of the items on the list are available in Nepal. Here Magic Himalaya has mentioned some of the recommended equipment for Nepal Trek lists for the trekking in Nepal Himalayas.
Clothing Equipment’s Required for Nepal Trek
- Lightweight walking boots.
- If the new boot is being bought then walk with them in to avoid blisters. Don’t forget to bring spare laces.
- A pair of track shoes. To wear in the camp at night or when your boots are wet.
- A warm jacket, Fiber fills or down should be adequate. This is especially essential during the periods called winter starting from December to February.
- A Rainproof Jacket with a hood or a poncho. Get the one that is Guaranteed Waterproof.
- Woolen shirts and thick sweaters. during winter months, December through February these items are essential.
- The thick sweater can be purchased in Kathmandu (around Thamel).
- A pair of lightweight/heavyweight trousers, jeans are unsuitable to wear on treks.
- Heavyweight trousers are useful higher up in the mountains in the morning and at night.
- Windproof/Waterproof trousers are necessary on all treks going above 10.00ft.
- Thermal underwear, which is excellent to sleep at night in the winter months.
- 2 pair of loose-fitting shorts/ skirts.
- One lightweight long sleeved-shirt is particularly suitable for avoiding sunburn.
- A woolen Hat to wear in the morning and at night. During winter it is very important and essential.
- A sunhat and ensure it has a wide brim to cover the face and neck.
- A pair of gloves, Leather with lining and woolen is best.
- One pair of sandals to wear in the cities and in camp.
- 3 pairs of thick and 3 pairs of thin woolen socks.
- Underwear normal with Hankies and swimming costume required sometimes.
Equipment & Accessories:
- Dry Bag or kit Bag to carry the gear while trekking.
- Daypack: This is a small rucksack to carry personal requirements for the day e.g. toilet papers, a Camera, a film towel, soap, a book, etc.
- Water Bottle.
- Snow Glasses and Sun Glasses.
- 2-4 large plastic bags to separate clean clothes from dirty ones.
- 6-10 smaller plastic bags to dispose of Garbage.
- Wallet/money belt with compartment for coins.
- Toiletries with large and small towels.
- Toilet paper can buy in Kathmandu and trekking areas too. It depends on you because it is expensive on the mountain.
- Small headlamp and torch with spare batteries needed. bulbs candles and lighter to burn toilet paper.
- Snow gaiters essential during a trek in winter.
- An umbrella which is quite useful as a sunshade and useful when it rains.
- Reading materials, camera, and film, game items, notebook, rubber band, pen and pencil, envelopes, a diary, a calendar, a pocket knife, binoculars, small pillow or headrest, passport photographs.