Tea house/ Hotel/ lodge
All western and typical local food.
- Tserko Ri viewpoint and a stunning view of Himalayan ranges.
- Cheese factory and gompa in Kengjin village
- Gosainkunda and Gosainkunda lake
- LaureBinayak Pass and stunning view
- Sherpa culture and traditions.
- stunning view of Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal, Yala peak and many more.
Langtang Gosainkunda and Helambu Trek is a combination of the Langtang valley trek, Gosainkunda passes trek as well as Helambu Trek. This trek is a beautiful journey in Nepal through lush forests, beautiful villages, and wildlife natures. This trek combines the best things that make these trekking trails popular and one of the most visited places in Nepal. Langtang, Gosainkunda, and Helambu trek lies on the north side of Kathmandu Valley. This trek offers numerous stunning views of mountains, rare verities of vegetation, and a glimpse of wildlife.
At the beginning of the trek, the main attractions are Rhododendrons forests and bamboo forests including Himalayan ranges. When we talk about the Gosainkunda, it is famous as a pilgrimage site in Nepal. Many Hindu people and Buddhist people came here for the purpose of pilgrimage. The holy lake of Gosainkunda is popular all over the world. This is the main religion of Hindu and Buddhist people and they visited this area
There are altogether 108 lakes in this area. Among them, Gosainkunda, Saraswati Kunda, and Ganeshkunda are the main ones and are very nearby each other. In the months of August during the occasion of the famous festival called Janaipurnima, many people visited this place. During that time it will be a full moon which is awesome to catch and take pictures with mountains and full moon.
The next step is the Helambu part which is the home of the Sherpa community along with other ethnic groups living in harmony. The trek provides a golden chance to explore the famous Tibetan Gompa and Sherpa cultures as well as traditions.
Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu trek is done on tea houses basis and is Still possible and interesting to do in tents.
Possibilities to see on this Langtang Gosainkunda and Helambu
- We can find a wide range of animals such as red panda, pika, musk deer, Himalayan black bear, Himalayan Thar and Ghoral, langur, and other wild animals.
- We can see Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Yala Peak, mount Gaurishanker, mount Ganesh Himal and many more
- Chances of experiencing the local Sherpa hospitality.
- Harmony between different ethnic groups.
- We can visit Viewpoints such as Langtang Ri, Tsergo Ri
- The yak farm and cheese factory of Kyanjin Ri is unique to explore.
- People can see the changes of an earthquake in this area.
Day 1: Greetings in Kathmandu airport (1300 meters)
Day 2: sightseen tour and trek preparations.
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1550 meters): 7-8 hours
Day 4: Trek from Syabrubensi to Lama Hotel (2380 meters): 6-7 hours
Day 5: Trek to Mundu Village (3543 meters): 6-7 hours
Day 6: Trek to Kyangjin Gompa (3870 meters): 4-5 hours walk
Day 7: Acclimatization day: Visit Tserko Ri (5000 meters) 7-8 hours
Day 8: Kyangjin Gompa to Lama hotel: 6-7 hours
Day 9: Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2230 meters: 5-6 hours
Day 10: ThuloSyabru to Shin Gompa: 3-4 hours
Day 11: Trek to Gosainkunda (4460 meters): 5-6 hours
Day 12: Gosainkunda to Gopte (3440 meters): 6-8 hours
Day 13: Ghopte to Melamchigaon (2560 meters): 6-7 hours
Day 14: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2590 meters): 5-6 hours
Day 15: Trek to Sermathang (2610 meters): 3-5 hours
Day 16: Trek to Melamchi Bazaar, Drive to Kathmandu: 4 hours walk and 2 hours’ drive.
Day 17: Final departure.
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, our representatives will there to welcome with garland. After collecting the luggage and things we will take you to the hotel situated at the tourist spot Thamel. After having some rest we will take you to the magic Himalaya treks office where we will brief you about treks. We will have together welcome dinner in the evening.
Today our tour guide will pick you from your hotel and take you to some places for sightseeing. After sightseeing in Kathmandu valley, you will have plenty of time for trek preparations.
Today our trekking leader will pick you from the hotel and take you to the bus station where you will drive to Syabrubesi. This is the starting point of the trek.
Through the small villages and forest, our journey to lama hotel starts. We will be able to see rhododendrons forest as well as bamboo forests. We will sleep in the lama hotel which is situated in the forest too.
Today we will pass Langtang villages along with Ghode Tabela on the way up. Langtang village is the most affected area during the earthquake. Langtang village is used to spend one night during the trek but with the destruction of earthquake it is shifted to mundu village. Mundu village is safer than Langtang villages to spend the night.
Today is the short trek to Kyangjin gompa village It is the last village’s settlement on these parts. In the evening we can visit the cheese factory and the gompa. This is an interesting thing to do besides capturing the stunning view.
Today we will trek to Tserko Ri viewpoint just not to acclimatization but also see the stunning Himalayan ranges. You will able to see most of the valley from the top. Tserko Ri and Yala peak are so close to the viewpoint.
After a long day yesterday, we will wake up late and start the journey towards lama hotel which is again a tough and long day. Spend a night in lama hotel.
Today will follow the same trail until reaching Paira then we will start climbing up until reaching the big and stunning villages on this area which is known as Thulo Syabru. This village also has a stunning mountain view.
After breakfast, we will start climbing up. We will have our lunch at Chandanbari the start our journey towards Shing Gompa. We will stay in this village and can have a wonderful Himalaya range view as well as the hill view.
Today is one of the main days of a hike. We will reach the famous Gosainkunda and can able to see Gosainkunda Lake as well as other lakes. We can see many Hindu and Buddhist people in many numbers visiting as a pilgrimage.
Today we will start walking early because of the long day. We will pass Lauri Binayak pass which is situated in the elevation of 4610 meters. From there all the way down to Phedi and then Ghopte for overnight stay.
Today we will walk uphill and downhill which passes through the dense forests. We will reach Tharapati village which has villages as well as mountain views. Before reaching Melamchi gaon we need to cross a few suspension bridges.
We pass stupa and stream at the beginning of the trek. We will also pass Yangri the highest point of the days which is on an elevation of 3800 meters. We will see yak graze in bushes before reaching the beautiful Sherpa village.
Today trail us easy which passes through bushes, Chortens, mani walls, monastery before reaching Sermathang. This is also a Sherpa village with a stunning view of Ganesh Himal, jugal village, and Langtang Himal ranges. On a clear day Mt. Everest can be seen from here.
4 hours walk and 2 hours’ drive.
Today we trek through fields and villages to reach Melamchi Gaon. We will drive to Kathmandu and today we will have a farewell dinner together in the evening.
Today is the last day in Nepal. On the way back you will have plenty of time to remember the memories of the trek. Back to home you will have sufficient time to make your next trip with us.
- Pick up and drop for international arrival and departure.
- Two Night accommodation on BB plan during Kathmandu stay.
- Langtang Valley trek trail Map.
- porters to carry bag (twin sharing basis)
- An English speaking and government-licensed holder trekking guide.
- Tea house lodges Accommodation during trek.
- Down Jacket, Sleeping Bag and Company duffel Bag to Use During trek.
- Kathmandu –Syabru via bus and Melamchigaon to Kathmandu by car
- All Necessary Government Documents and paperwork.
- Langtang National park entrance fee (Trekking Permits)
- TIMS card for Trek. (Travelers information management system)
- First Aid kit box
- Food, Accommodation, transportation for guide and porters.
- Breakfast lunch and dinner during the trek.
What's not included?
- Expenses of personal nature.
- Extra Night Hotel In Kathmandu
- Drinks/ Beverage
- Person Shopping, Laundry, Hot shower during the trek.
- Travel Insurance
- Nepal Visa Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu.
- lunch and dinner during Kathmandu's stay.
Private trips are available on any date of your choice at any time of the year. Let us know about your preferred travel dates and we shall organize it as per your convenience. Get in touch with us via bellow contact us form.
Nepal Is Open! Nepal is Open! Nepal Is Open
Nepal is open for all kinds of trekking and hiking adventures so you can now visit Nepal. There are curtains rules you need to follow if you want to Visit Nepal. First things is you need to have a latest PCR report to get visa and visa need to be do online before you come. You also need to have a Corona insurance that covers at least US$5,000. Trekking guide and porter also need to have corona insurance that covers at least US$1000. We need to know you flights tickets details so that we can inform immigration's about your arrivals. Passport copies and pictures also need for doing paperwork's, TIMs and permits which we need to make before you come and send back to you which you need to show on different place.
After you arrival in Kathmandu, we will Pick you and Transfer to hotel where you will stay 8 days Quarantine and again check PCR test. The Negative Results will let you to do trekking and hiking. If you got Positive test you will have to stay quarantine or hospital depends on your conditions.
Magic Himalaya Treks will assist you for arranging all required paper works.
Some Highlights of Langtang Gosainkunda and Helambu trek:
- We can find a wide range of animals such as red panda, pika, musk deer, Himalayan black bear, Himalayan Thar and Ghoral, langur and other wild animals.
- We can see Langtang Lirung, Dorje Lakpa, Yala peak, mount Gaurishanker, mount Ganesh Himal and many more
- Chances of experience the local Sherpa hospitality.
- Harmony between different ethnic groups.
- We can visit Viewpoint such as Langtang Ri, Tsergo Ri
- Yak farm and cheese factory of Kyanjin Ri is unique to explore.
- I can see the chances of an earthquake in this area.
The Most Popular questions and its answer about langtang Gosainkunda and Helambu trek is:
Ans: Yes we can breakdown the trek in three parts. Actually this trek is the combination of three treks. They are Langtang valley trek, Gosainkunda pass trek, Helambu trek. You can visit the link and select the options which you prefer and which is suitable for you according to your time limit.